Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > first few runs with my new old blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jgreen

first few runs with my new old blower
Original Message   Jan 9, 2005 7:07 pm
I posted some of this already but it was lost during a merge of the forums. Thanks to the help from the forum I was able to renovate a 1980 yardman 5 hp two stage. I got my first chance to use it on a couple of storms this week in MA.

I havent worked on repairing the electric start yet so I had to start by hand. It takes 6-7 pulls to get it going but it did start. I let it warm up and then took off blowing. Things went well until I hit the EOD. it was not high but was like wet cement. The blower bogged down and kept stalling. Even tried 1/2 passes but I couldnt keep it going. This unit has the 5 hp tecumseh Lhead motor. is this just a limitation of the HP?

Anyway I tried it out again today to clear 5-7 inches of lighter snow it worked much better. Although I was not used to using a two stage so I was a bit slow working all the controls. I also had one of the tire chains fall off!

I would be interested to hear from anybody with a similar 5 hp blower regarding how it performs in deep snow and EOD.

John
Scotts 21" self propelled  mower
MTD  4.5 HP single stage snow thrower
Snapper 3 HP single stage snow thrower
Yardman 5HP two stage snowblower
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42