Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Continental engine help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Continental engine help
Original Message   May 19, 2005 8:33 pm
i have recently acquired an old continental engine .

its was built in march 1960.

it is a horizontal crank 2 cylinder overhead valve vith 16 cubic inches displacement.

the pistons are side by side,vertical.

all made from aluminum.

has a sheilded iginition system.and 1 carb.

seems to be very well built.tag on it says it was engineered by the US military.

i beleive it is used or was used in some airplane application.

model number is 2A016-// serial is F-001361

anyone have any  idea what this is and what horsepower it is at what rpm.seems like its built to rev quite high.

it is intact and has compression and the iginition seems okay,carb could use a bit of cleaning and could use oil change .

not sure what to do with it but will try to get it running.

im thinking it has about 9 or 10 horsepower.

if it is capable of high rpm it would make a sweet snowblower engine.

later chris  

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Time2Ride

Re: Continental engine help
Reply #6   Jun 5, 2007 12:52 pm
I know it's been a long time since you posted your question on the 2A016 engine, but I have one for sale and it was manufactured 1-86.  The rest of the model # is shown as roman numerals: 111, and was mfg. by W-F industries for the military. Mine is also 16 cubic inches. Do you or  does anyone else know if this is also 3 horsepower?
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42