Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Before and after!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Moderator Denis

Before and after!
Original Message   May 3, 2007 6:13 am
Hi all there it is finally, my ariens has been restore all over. It took me 40 hours of labor to put my Ariens back in shape. I got this blower for 125$ last Feb, and notice it was in bad shape. I put on a new auger belt, auger bushing, shear bolts and nuts, new sticker ST824( original sticker comes with the steel plate discontinuated). Carburator was clogged and unajusted, I have to dismantle auger assembly, one of the shear bolts was broken and the rake was stock in  rust. I had to cut it to get it off. Gear case was OK but change the gasket and liquid grease. Recoil starter rope wasnt,there, one of the muffler bolts was stripped, eye bolt that hold the chute rod was broken too. I still got the wheel chains but I dont know if I am going to put them back on, I may thinking to get new hogs will see!

here's some picture

BEFORE

at left is my very old viking 1 stage built by MTD Products in the early 1970's. The MTD model is 325-470-514 (Viking 6743).  

AFTER

This message was modified May 3, 2007 by Denis

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
clarky

Out with the new in with the old !

Re: Before and after!
Reply #5   May 28, 2007 10:45 am
My hats off to you Denis!
Moderator Denis

Re: Before and after!
Reply #6   May 28, 2007 7:10 pm
More_Power wrote:
Great job Denis! Did you strip the old paint or just sand it a little and paint with primer.
What type of paint did you use?
I'm trying to do that same with my Toro 824. There are many parts with surface rust like the shroud etc.

Yes I stripped the surface to the steel with this fantastic tool from

Then applied 2 coats of rust killer primer from rustcheck product (thin coats for best result)

And finally duplicolor engine enamel (in my case D1620 for Ariens)

For extra strengh, you may use Auto Spray® Clear Top Coat DS125

This message was modified May 31, 2007 by Denis

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42