Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Primer Bulb is broken

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Squirrellnut1

Primer Bulb is broken
Original Message   May 11, 2007 7:40 pm
I have a Tecumseh gas lawn mower, given to me, and I've changed the spark plug and put in new air filter, oil, and gas....only to find out that the primer bulb is broken. Can I get this part and install it myself? And if so does anyone have instructions to help me do this? Linda
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
niper99

Re: Primer Bulb is broken
Reply #1   May 14, 2008 11:31 pm
the primer bulb is very easy to replace, if u look in at the bulb u will see a metal clip it just pushes in to keep the bulb tight so just get a pick and pry it out and push the new bulb and clip in. u can get then at any local parts place
friiy

Reply #2   May 15, 2008 12:10 am
Post the model number of your engine.  That way,  we could produce a part number and a picture of the correct primer bulb.

Friiy

oscarpro

Reply #3   May 15, 2008 6:39 pm
I have a similar  problem, but after taking the bulb off or out,  I noticed this check ball inbedded in the outer channel. Is this ball supposed to move freely or is it permanent. I can't seem to get my primer/bulb  to squirt.. The check ball in the middle is ok and I cleaned & blew out the rest of the carb. Any suggestions...
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42