Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Brand new primer bulb does nothing

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RBarr2

Brand new primer bulb does nothing
Original Message   May 10, 2007 5:26 pm
Older Weedeater / Poulan trimmer purchased at Sears, so the Craftsman # is 358.798420.

Last year I replaced the fuel lines & in-tank filter.  This year the primer bulb pretty much gave up and wouldn't pop back out, so I replaced it.  It pops out OK now, but all it seems to do is move bubbles back & forth.  It never fills with fuel, and consequently it takes quite a few pulls to get this thing started & running.  Once it's going, it's fine.

I really don't quite understand what happens with the primer bulb when things are working the way they should, so I'm not sure what ails it this time.  I'm guessing there's a check valve somewhere, but I thought I'd ask here.

This thing is hardly a premium trimmer, but it sure has held up like one.  I had to put one ignition module in it, and I'm sure it's at least 9 years old.  It gets a serious workout every time I mow, as I have a bunch of chain link to maintain, and this old dog just keeps on working.  I hope to keep it alive another few years.

Thanks in advance.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42