Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro personal pace slipping?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
isuzudave

Toro personal pace slipping?
Original Message   May 2, 2007 6:32 pm

I have a Toro personal pace electric start mower.  It worked great for about the first 10 hours of use.  Now really is  “self” propelled.  I must push it myself.    When I lift the rear wheels off the ground and engage the personal pace handle the wheels spin.  When I put the wheels back on the ground they stop spinning.  I have tightened the cable to the point that the wheels will spin even without pushing the handle, put as soon as I lower the wheels to the ground they stop again.    I am a handy guy, but know nothing about transmissions.  I could open it up and have a look see, but unless a part is obviously broken I would not know what to look for.  The belt is fine.  Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42