Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help with Stihl string trimmer

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ragmopp

Help with Stihl string trimmer
Original Message   Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am
I am looking at replacing my old string trimmer. I have been looking at the Stihl Kombi system, KM-55RC. In doing some research Consumers Reports did not have much to say about these type of systems, 'dubious value' was their quote. Now the article was in June of 2004 and they did not specifically mention the Stihl, so I am curious as to what users have to say about this unit.  The two things I would need right away would be the string trimmer head and the pruning saw head. I really like the idea of not having to purchase seperate engines for these two tasks (and any others I might need in the future).  I also notice that Stihl apparently has a vice like grip on their dealers as to price. As there is not any difference from one dealer to the next. Not a big deal, but I find it interesting.  Thanks for any feedback...

Mike Anderson
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Moderator Denis

Re: Help with Stihl string trimmer
Reply #1   Apr 27, 2007 4:10 pm
Hi, the only thing I heard negative about this product is a bit heavy and pricey, some of the attachments are a bit heavy too. But its a high-quality product by the way. I would recommend it.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42