Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Stupid Stupid Stupid

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bobbee

Stupid Stupid Stupid
Original Message   Apr 23, 2007 2:58 pm
I hit a 3/4" lot marking pipe that was sticking out of the ground with my Ariens LM21 Intek mower.  Mower came to a dead stop and the blade was nicked bad.  I ground the blade and reinstalled it.  The mower works but it vibrates a bit more now.  I really didn't get the blade perfectly balanced after grinding it. 

My question is - How can I tell if I damaged the crankshaft?  Would the mower even work?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Moderator Denis

Re: Stupid Stupid Stupid
Reply #1   Apr 23, 2007 9:53 pm
Bobbee, before dismantling anything, get a mower blade balancer for less then 5$ .

Your blade must be out of balance, if your mower still vibrates after balancing it you can assume  that the shaft is bent or crank is default.

This message was modified Apr 24, 2007 by Denis

bobbee

Re: Stupid Stupid Stupid
Reply #2   Apr 24, 2007 2:28 am
Thanks Denis.  I ordered one from Amazon.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42