Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Summerizing an Ariens question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MuskyHunter

Summerizing an Ariens question
Original Message   Mar 25, 2007 9:00 am
I lost my manual to my OHV Techumseh 7524 and don't know what the mfg suggests for preparing it for the summer.  Another in my family has the JD version of the same unit and suggested I should ad some stabil and run it periodically in the summer.  I won't remember to get it out and run it periodically in the summer so I was planning to drain the fuel from the tank and the carb but I thought I recall reading somewhere that when you drain the carb bowl it doesn't actually all come out possibly leaving some build up inside the carb.  What is the proper procedure for summerizing my unit?

Thanks.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
nibbler

Re: Summerizing an Ariens question
Reply #1   Mar 25, 2007 11:11 am
For online operator manuals for Tecumseh engines, go here.

Ariens manufactures a variety of equipment, including snow throwers and lawn mowers, what are you talking about?

If you are talking about a snow thrower and storing until next winter there seems to be 3 schools of thought:
  1. Fill the tank with stbilized gas ( Stabil or Pri-G have been mentioned);
  2. Empty the tank and run the engine dry; and
  3. Do , run th eengine for a while then do 2.
I do 3.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42