Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda 1132 TAS

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MJT63

Honda 1132 TAS
Original Message   Mar 25, 2007 8:34 am
Hi again everyone.  I just got rid of my Noma 8/27. Igot it back in 94 for $800 and just sold it for $300. So I figured I got my monies worth.  If this company didn't go out of business I reallt would have kept it. It still runs great and the chute was the only problem I ever had.  Now for my question.  I just got a 5 year old Honda 1132 TAS.  I'm pretty good with keeping my equipt. running good.  This track system and Honda blowers are new to me.
Is there anything that I should be aware of, or an opinion as to make sure this blower is working 100% ?  I figured, oil, plug, filters, trans fluid all changed (Synthetic or reg ?) plus check the belts and adjust the tracks.
What else am I missing....marine grease vs auto grease ?  I welcome all suggestions.  I'm in NY, think I should to it myself, or bring it to the Honda Tech 3 minutes from my house ?   Thanks,  MJT63

Honda HS1132 TAS
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
brick

Re: Honda 1132 TAS
Reply #1   Mar 27, 2007 10:23 pm
I've had 928TAS for 3 seasons.  The only thing I've done so far is oil changes.  Once in the beginning of the season, and another at the end.
Good machine so far.

In your situation, one question I'd ask myself is, if the machine break/dies/etc., how much of a headache is it for me?  Can I still get in/out of your driveway?
Anyone else? 

In my case, if it snows more than 4", or gets iced over because I let the snow sit for a couple of warm days/cold nights, my entire family
needs to hike up and down 250' steep hill.  My parents visit often, and they wouldn't be able to even hike up icy/snowy hill.  So... I would bring
it and get it checked out.  Your situation may be different.

Enjoy your machine.
MJT63

Re: Honda 1132 TAS
Reply #2   Apr 1, 2007 8:27 pm
Thanks. Yeah, I can get in and out fine.  I'm just looking to maintain this machine the best way possible.

Thanks.   Now for another question.  Auger's...why isn't there any grease fittings ?  How the heck do you stop the auger from freezing/rusting on to the shaft ?

Mike

This message was modified Apr 1, 2007 by MJT63

Honda HS1132 TAS
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42