Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Older Sears snowblower 5Hp model 536.886531 -> gas primer problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tanglewood03

Older Sears snowblower 5Hp model 536.886531 -> gas primer problem
Original Message   Mar 18, 2007 6:56 pm
When I push the primer button, only air comes thru. I determined this by disconnecting the rubber tube that runs from the primer to the carburetor. The original sympton is that it will not start. When I use starting fluid it runs for a few seconds and then quits. I have a full tank of fresh gas and the carburetor bowl has fuel in it. I put a new sparkplug in it as well. I have the Sears parts diagram manual that comes with the unit but it looks like it's going to be a pain to get at the primer. You have to take off the rope pull starter assembly and cover. I don't have an electric starter on it. This is the first time I used it this winter and I empty the tank and caruretor bowl at the end of each season. Has anybody else had this problem?
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42