Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens snow thrower not throwing snow very far.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
x411

Ariens snow thrower not throwing snow very far.
Original Message   Mar 8, 2007 1:37 pm
Hi,

I have an Ariens snow thrower that starts fine. Engine seems to run
fine but the snow thrower is not able to throw snow out of the shoot
very far. Max 1 feet. The Auger blades are spinning so that snow is
being collected. The impeller/fan is also spinning (I think that's
what it's called) but the snow is not being tossed out of the shoot
very far.

The make is Ariens

Model is 922008

Engine Make is a Tecsumshe

Engine Model is HS50 67008

Any suggestions as to where to start looking?

Thanks.
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
x411

Re: Ariens snow thrower not throwing snow very far.
Reply #6   Mar 12, 2007 8:39 pm
Well,  I changed the v-belt today and test the throwing distance.  The snow is a little slushy and I only managed to get about 1-2 feet  away from the snow thrower.  I figured if it was fresh snow I would manage 5-6 feet max.  The impeller is definitely spinning faster but I don't think the entire problem has been resolved.  Can I grease the shaft that spins the v-belt?  What about the idler? (not the part where the belt is) It was cluttered with fiber from the damaged belt.  What other components should I lubricate to reduce friction?  I also noticed that the gear case that the auger was attached to was vibrating left to right as the auger blades spinning.

Comments.

I'll check out the impeller kit as suggested.

Thanks.
This message was modified Mar 12, 2007 by x411
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: Ariens snow thrower not throwing snow very far.
Reply #7   Mar 13, 2007 12:52 pm
I don't think that the auger case should be moving. That could have something to do with the belt tearing up. Someone with more experience than I with tearing down machines can probably tell you what to look at next.
This message was modified Mar 13, 2007 by Jonathan

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42