Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Augers seized on Sears snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dp3616

Augers seized on Sears snowblower
Original Message   Mar 6, 2007 7:28 pm
How can I remove the augers on both sides on my snowblower.I have to fix the gearcase and replace both of the gearcase covers.I have had one side heated up to the point where it was red and it barely moved.my next step is to bring it to a machine shop to get some serious muscle power in way of a press or something.Any ideas on how I can free these up
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
solara

Re: Augers seized on Sears snowblower
Reply #1   Mar 7, 2007 12:31 pm
there have been long discusssions about that on this site (i believe) and one another site. io would try to doa search on this site to see what comes up (like 2x4s, etc)

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
nibbler

Re: Augers seized on Sears snowblower
Reply #2   Mar 7, 2007 5:27 pm
Last time this came up, two days ago, the recommended solution was a torch and a 3lb maul.

Try doing some searches on the site you should find some fairly extensive instructions on how to remove the augers and then get them off the driveshaft.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42