Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Really need some help--engine blowing oil

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sailor77077

Really need some help--engine blowing oil
Original Message   Mar 2, 2007 12:37 pm
I'm going round and round with good/bad here.  Ariens 926le,  Lhead 9.25 tecumseh.  Approximately 10 hours on the engine.  Oil changed at 2.5 hours.  filled with the exact amount of Mobil1 fully synthetic 5w-30 as measured with a measring cup.  I just noticed as I tried to climb through EOD of about 2-3 ft.  & I let the machine climb rather than dig and I see a few spots of oil on the snow.  I shut the machine down immediately.  Push it to the garage and check the drain tube & plug----no leaks.  I wipe all oil and begin to inspect the engine.  I see oil on the side of the block and look closer to find a rubber hose about 3 inches long, pointing straight down that looks like the source of the oil and that side of the block is covered in oil, but it looks like it was blown and not dripped.    It is is on the left hand side of the engine from the control position.  I have checked the level of the oil and it is dead between the hashmarks. 

Is this normal for a Tecumseh?  Because if it is, I am very unimpressed and will be taking the thing back immediately.  If anyone has experienced this or heard of it, please let me know

I am riding the Ariens rollercoaster here,  one minute it is a fantastic machine, then, boom something like this.  I was afraid of the Tecumseh, but it seems to be the standard.  Never had a B&S do this or blow oil in 28 years of using them,  2 Tecumsehs,  well, first one made it 5 years, now this.........HELP Please.

Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
thomas4d

Re: Really need some help--engine blowing oil
Reply #8   Mar 5, 2007 8:30 pm
Hi Sailor, I have the same machine 926le. Mine was also purchased from HD last season. I have had oil come out of the breather. The first time was because i had too much oil in it. Never really noticed again with the correct level in it untill last big snow. Had a little dripping but no big deal oil level is ok.  I have a tip for you in starting. Go to HD. get a new E 3 spark plug.  I think ours takes  E3.10.  I had trouble starting at first untill I put that plug in. I start with one pull now.  Choke full.  Prime 4 times.  Pause a second between primes. It helped me. Take Care,    
Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42