Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need help with snow throw indentification

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
koffin

Need help with snow throw indentification
Original Message   Feb 28, 2007 3:15 pm
I am looking for some help from those more knowledgeable than I. 
I was given a snowthrower as a gift a few years back.  I recent had a worm gear break preventing engaging drive. 

I am unable to identify WHAT snowblower I actually have as the serial number is rubbed off an illegible.  The only markings on the unit are "Spirit" and 1028, denoting the HP and deck size.  It has a Tecumseh 10 HP motor.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

-keir
This message was modified Feb 28, 2007 by koffin
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
koffin

Re: Need help with snow throw indentification
Reply #2   Mar 3, 2007 9:31 am
More info:

Its Canadian!
I have a serial number but no model number.
2 local parts places were not eager to help me identify it or the part that is broken.
RickJ

Reply #3   Mar 3, 2007 1:28 pm
I thought I had posted a link to a little more info about your snowblower, but it's disappeared.

So anyway, go to Google, and do a search for "Spirit Snowblower" (use the parenthesis)

Then look for a thread about Widow needs help. It will probably be on the first or second page of google. They have some pictures of a Spirit snowblower, and some people believe that it's a Murray machine. I don't know if it will help you identify anything or not. But it's the best I could find.

Good luck repairing your machine.

1995 Simplicity Sno-Away 860 Snowblower, 2001 Craftsman POS lawnmower
nibbler

Reply #4   Mar 4, 2007 9:16 am
If worst comes to worst try opening up the worm gear casing and measuring the broken stuff inside. You will probably find you can order the parts for a different make and model and they will be identical or at least "close enough".
mech12

Reply #5   Mar 6, 2007 5:52 pm
  yes all this is a murray/nams snow blower    try this link     http://www.partsandservice.com/html/index.html    look under murray
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42