Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 7525 fittings, caps, etc.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MuskyHunter

Ariens 7525 fittings, caps, etc.
Original Message   Mar 2, 2007 8:35 pm
For all you recent Ariens owners, you may want to check all your fittings, caps and other essentials to make sure they are torqed down properly.  I bought mine last winter from a small local dealer who assured me it is better to buy from him than HD.  I paid a little more for this.  We didn't get much snow last year so I only got to use it two or three times last season.  This summer I noticed it was leaking oil.  The dealer replaced the drain tube because the cap had been cross threaded.  I don't think the dealer would have removed and replaced this durring assembly, likely it was installed at the factory.  It had only been used twice this season prior to today when I attempted to clear a 12" snow.  After one pass I noticed a ton of oil all over the side of the unit.  It was actually also spitting out of the muffler but I couldn't tell where the primary source was.  After I shut it down and looked it over I found that one of the oil fill caps on the block (not the fill tube/dipstick) was missing.  Apparently with that cap off it created a pressure problem that somehow allowed it to put oil through the muffler.  Upon inspection I found the other fill cap to be loose.  The dealer didn't remove or replace either of these caps because they used the fill/dipstick tube.  I grabbed a wrench and started checking bolts and found several that were not torqued down, also not likely items the dealer had anything to do with. 
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
jubol

Re: Ariens 7525 fittings, caps, etc.
Reply #1   Mar 3, 2007 7:57 am
Musky,

It is a shame when you have a blower that is supposed to be a real quality machine, but isn't!!

I think Ariens QC has been falling over the past few years, your blower is a perfect example!!

If I were in the market for a blower, it would be a Honda, Simplicity/Snapper, Toro, Lawnboy,

and Husqvarna/Poulan, in that order!!!! IMHO

Never an Ariens!!!

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42