Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens ST1136 not living up to expectations

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pnpramp

Ariens ST1136 not living up to expectations
Original Message   Mar 2, 2007 10:42 am
My Ariens does not seem to be as powerful as it should be. I watch people with smaller (but newer) machines move through snow more quickly than I can. My Ariens is an older model (85 I think), but it still throw snow better than it seems to. It reading some other posts it seems that the issue is sometime in the slippage of a belt. I looked through the owner's manual and it only discusses belt replacement and nothing about tension. Any ideas for better performance?

Thanks in advance
This board is AWESOME (this is my second post so I am a newbie)
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
pnpramp

Re: Ariens ST1136 not living up to expectations
Reply #1   Mar 2, 2007 1:21 pm
also would a Clarence impeller kit help?
nibbler

Re: Ariens ST1136 not living up to expectations
Reply #2   Mar 2, 2007 2:39 pm
The impeller kit is more for turning a snowblower into a sluch cannon. If the belts haven't been adjusted or replaced since 1985 then I would guess someone has a machine that is ready for a bit of TLC.

I'd suggest downloading a new Ariens manual from their website. I haven't read one but I have seen posts stating they now have all the belt adjustment info that you need.

There are also some other threads that talk about auger belt adjustment, try doing a search or two.

You can do it in about 5 minutes if you have box wrenches and a socket set. Replacing a belt is a bit trickier and I have a hunch you need to do that if you have belts from 1985.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42