Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Lube query: grease points and gearbox oil

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aloumeyer

Lube query: grease points and gearbox oil
Original Message   Mar 1, 2007 11:43 pm
Old Jacobsen Homelite 2-statge unit...

Since I was replacing a couple shear pins last night, I picked up a grease gun at Home Depot to grease the axle while I was at it. Mind you it is the first time I have ever used one, and I'm big enough to acknowledge that I would have loved some instructions, but the only directions it came with were how to load the cartridge. I think I was doing it right except that I pulled a grease nipple off on one side -- twisted it back in and it seems solid -- did I break it? How many times does one need to pump grease into each side? Are there other grease points I shouldn't neglect?

Onto the gearbox: I have no reason to believe it's in disrepair but I see that there is an oil plug on it. Does one normally need to replace the gearbox oil? Any tips for checking the level and/or quality of the oil?

Many thanks from a snow blower rookie...
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42