Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Mid-80's Toro 724 Snowthrower slipping wheel clutch

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rlwoodin

Mid-80's Toro 724 Snowthrower slipping wheel clutch
Original Message   Feb 16, 2007 2:07 pm
The left wheel clutch on my Toro 724 is slipping badly.  I would appreciate advice on how to approach repairing/adjusting it.  It was working fine until recently.  The clutch lever feels the same as before.  I purchased this machine last year and have not had to work on it until now, and do not have any manuals.  Thanks for any help!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
ronnieray

Re: Mid-80's Toro 724 Snowthrower slipping wheel clutch
Reply #1   Feb 16, 2007 7:29 pm
I also have a mid-80's Toro 724 Snowthrower that had the same problem your are having. The problem was solved by installing a new drive belt. You might want to try this and see if it makes a difference.
rlwoodin

Reply #2   Feb 17, 2007 1:31 pm
Where is the drive belt located? The right wheel works OK. I assumed that there is a common (powered) shaft that both wheels grab. Our weather has warmed up (32F!) so I am going out today and take a look at it.
SmMotorsRep

if it not broke your not trying hard enough

Reply #3   Feb 19, 2007 1:02 am
no belts..... Just take off your engagement thing on on each side of your handle bars and weld togeather your engage piston to your shaft . I alway hate them if that dont work check your spring its next to your tire , {check the other side to see what spring im talking about}if it missing that is the one you need to replace

too many to keep track of
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42