Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow blower manual needed

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Mark2007

Snow blower manual needed
Original Message   Feb 16, 2007 10:31 am
Craftsman 8HP - Model # 536886650

The blades are are not turning. I live in a dead end street & I am stuck

Thank you

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
mech12

Re: Snow blower manual needed
Reply #1   Feb 16, 2007 5:02 pm
 try oscarwilson.com
mech12

Reply #2   Feb 16, 2007 5:14 pm
nothing at oscar.   www.partsandservice.com.  click parts. click murray.  scroll down and there is your model.  it only has parts breakdowns  no service manual.  for that a guy can head to the library.  
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #3   Feb 16, 2007 7:27 pm
Have you checked the shear pins?

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
nibbler

Reply #4   Feb 19, 2007 11:44 am
Since you didn't say anything about the engine I'm going to assume you can get it running OK.

Things to check if the auger isn't turning:
  1. Auger is jammed with something, rock ( big or small depends where its caught), frozen paper, stick, whatever;
  2. Impeller is jammed, see 1 above;
  3. Auger control connected and adjusted properly;
  4. Shear bolts  goiing through the auger shaft are intact;
  5. Auger belt is on the auger pulleys;
  6. Auger belt tension is correct, can be adjusted with the idler wheel.
I had my auger belt come off last week because the nuts on the bolts holding the tracting housing and auger housing had vibrated off and the two housings were being held together by the bolts. The housing had separated slightly before the bolts were jammed in the holes. This meant that the auger pulley on the motor was out of alignment with the auger pulley on the auger shaft and the belt came off. If you find the belt has come off you have to find out why.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42