Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Plow for snow thrower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tmac

Plow for snow thrower
Original Message   Feb 16, 2007 10:07 am
We have been hit in CT with a lot of sleet and slush for which my snow thrower is useless. Only a plow will work. Does anyone know if a small plow that can be attached to a snow thrower is on the market and, if so, the name of the manufacturer?
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
krislu

Re: Plow for snow thrower
Reply #1   Feb 16, 2007 4:48 pm
To my knowledge there is no company that makes an aftermarket plow for a snowblower. You don't want it anyway. The transmission on your or any snowblower is not made strong enough for pushing. It's not designed for it. You would destroy it. Plows should only be used on machines with real transmissions like a Gravely or BCS. - Kris

mech12

Reply #2   Feb 16, 2007 4:54 pm
  toro has/ had one as an option for thier   throwers.  ill dig further.  how big of blade are looking for.  what kind of blower is it.  as far as the drive systems they are just a drive and driven disc set up.  all you rear engine riders have they same disc set up. 
mech12

Reply #3   Feb 16, 2007 5:01 pm
that toro info is no longer available.  there is a company call agrifab.  they offer a snowblade for an mtd garden tractor. heres the info  46" dozer blade.  quick change angle adjustments from straight to 30 degrees left or right. adjustable skid shoes. spring loaded blade.  cost  366.24  mtd part number is  OEM-190-833
tmac

Reply #4   Feb 17, 2007 11:07 am
Krislu and Mech12,

Thanks for your helpful responses. I figured that there was a reason for the lack of a plow attachment and now I know that the transimission is the issue. I guess I will have to find another solution. 

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42