Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 1986 Toro 521 Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
almosthenry

1986 Toro 521 Snowblower
Original Message   Feb 11, 2007 5:42 pm
I have an electric start on this machine that was added several years after I bought it. It worked well until I had somebody do a tune up on the engine and now it just makes a spinning sound when I press the start button.
Could it be that it was removed at the time of the tune up and re-installed improperly?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
mech12

Re: 1986 Toro 521 Snowblower
Reply #1   Feb 13, 2007 1:42 pm
  no i dont believe they would have to remove it,  we dont need too.   check to see if all four bolts are tight.  snug them up if loose.  you may need to shim also.   is there ice buildup on starter pinion???   worst case is the replacement of a rubber washer/friction washer underneath the pinion.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42