Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Best Snow Blower under $500?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
godzill992

Best Snow Blower under $500?
Original Message   Feb 4, 2007 8:36 pm
Looking to buy my first snow blower after tons of snow (well over 3.5 feet) hit us this week in South Western Michigan. I have a concrete grass concrete driveway about 5 car lengths long and a walk about the same length. We do get a ton of snow here normally but I'm having a hard time justifying a big dual stage machine for such a flat and small area. I'd like to stay under the $500 price point and the following models have come to my attention during my search:
1.) Ariens 522 $475(speedwaysales.com free shipping)
2.) Husqvarna 521 SSE $500 (northerntool.com free shipping)
3.) Toro Powerlite 38172 $360 (speedwaysales.com free shipping)
Do any of you have experience with these models? Are there others I should be considering? Do you know of any vendors that would provide better pricing? Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. A new baby just arrived so price and safety matter a lot. Thanks in advance!
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DeltaBravo

Re: Best Snow Blower under $500?
Reply #5   Feb 8, 2007 3:12 pm
Well, the snow came, 4" of it. Very light due to 0-10F. On the driveway, threw the powder. At EOD and mailbox, chewed it up, spit it neighbor's.

Hoping for more snow.
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42