Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh HM80 carb problem.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Aerocook

Tecumseh HM80 carb problem.
Original Message   Feb 8, 2007 12:45 pm
My Tecumseh HM80 snow blower carb is giving me a little grief. I am followeing the set up procedure but in trying to set the main jet (the one at the bottom of the float boal) I found that I can turn it all the way in and the motor is still running. Seems to me that the motor should quit due to a lean out condition, but since it remains running, it must be getting fuel from another source?? The other jet is set at 1 and a quarter turns out which is suggested as an initial setting. I have purchased a new carb kit but have not installed it yet,  however I did remove and clean the carb prior to this problem ocurring. Any ideas?

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Noreaster2003

Re: Tecumseh HM80 carb problem.
Reply #1   Feb 8, 2007 1:02 pm
Are you trying this at full throttle or idle? The main jet has nearly no effect at idle, however if you try to throttle up it should die.

I have a 97 ariens 824 Deluxe that has an HMSK80 on it and i hate the carb. I believe i need to replace it since 2 repair shops and myself cannot get a nice smooth idle and power at full, its either one or the other. Best of all the replacment carbs are non adjustable.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42