Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > High Altitude Snow Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TC10

High Altitude Snow Blower
Original Message   Jan 16, 2007 11:47 am
I have an Ariens 926LE that I will be operating at 9000 feet above sea level. I believe in the manual, something is mentioned about the carburetor functioning fine up to 7000 feet.

Does anyone else have any experience using snow blowers at high altitudes? Tecumseh does offer a "high-altitude kit" whatever that is but I would rather not have to buy that.

Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
mech12

Re: High Altitude Snow Blower
Reply #1   Jan 18, 2007 2:35 pm
   there is not a "kit" as such  all that need replacing is the bottom bowl nut of the carburator.  theres less air up there and the new bowl nut will "restrict" the amount of fuel at high speeds.         post the engine numbers and ill find you the part number
mech12

Re: High Altitude Snow Blower
Reply #2   Jan 19, 2007 1:27 pm
  without actual model numbers, it looks like you have a bowl nut stamped with number 167.  for altitudes 4,000-11,ooo feet  it is tecumseh part number 640186  this should be number 205
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42