Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh hm 100 generator loping under light load

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Ready2Retire

Tecumseh hm 100 generator loping under light load
Original Message   Jan 15, 2007 10:52 am
engine holds the 3600 rpm pretty good  at 1/3 or more load but at 300 watts or so will lope.  Basically  new unit  carb in excellent shape, no leaks at carb or engine flange.  Local dealer opened fuel jet up one drill size  which helped some.  Has fabuloue CA  EPA approved non-adjustabe carb.  Any ideas?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Jake

Re: Tecumseh hm 100 generator loping under light load
Reply #1   Jan 15, 2007 6:59 pm
If everything else is correct, I'd suspect the fuel may not be fresh or have some contaminate i.e water in it. I'd try some dry gas in a fuel tank with fresh gas.

Jake..

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
mech12

Reply #2   Jan 16, 2007 11:40 am
well  we dont get too many generators here in shop but the few weve had all ran about 3200  "wide open" until you put a load on them.  if they idle to low i believe they will surge,  there is no load on them. if there is surging at 3200rpms  then check the carb.
Ready2Retire

Reply #3   Jan 16, 2007 4:52 pm
Fuel  is fresh,  runs great with load on it , I use shop to load test  and it will run as long as you want  and hold rpm steady.  ONLY  when  running at  low load does it
surge.  Generator needs to stay at full rpm and not surge to prevent upstream damage to electonic equipment if  I tie it to the house.  I manage the big ones at work,
500kw to 1 megs,  so well aware of  60 hertz and 120/240 requirements.  I am still inclined to think that  a decent  "adjustable " carb is a possible solution, just need
part number for carb that will run the HM 100s. If someone has a carb then please respond. 
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42