Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Advice on new 926LE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bwcafishing

Advice on new 926LE
Original Message   Jan 8, 2007 9:50 am
Just bit the bullet and purchased a new 926LE (926001) from home depot with 1 yr free financing and a 10% off coupon.   Any suggestions on verifying it was set up correctly? 

I did  put gas in, check the oil and started it up.  She ran fine and I tested her on a snowbank.  Threw snow just fine, quite fine actually!  Can't wait for a big dump!!!

Just have read so many setup horror stories on this site that I wanted to make sure I don't overlook something.  Thanks!!

Kevin

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: Advice on new 926LE
Reply #1   Jan 8, 2007 3:16 pm
I would check the manual and see if there is a "run in" needed to break in the clutch/drive belt which may stretch a bit after some use. Ask the dealer if the did it. Home Depot doesn't as far as I know. The Ariens manual for mine calls for a "run-in" and then says to re-check the cable spring length. I did it as the dealer I got it from didn't. It may save you some grief during your first big storm.
This message was modified Jan 9, 2007 by Jonathan

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42