Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Sears Craftsman snow thrower auger chain

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
milleson

Sears Craftsman snow thrower auger chain
Original Message   Jan 1, 2007 10:05 pm
I have a 42" Sears (Craftsman) snow thrower model number 842.240530. The snow auger chain broke and Sears has been absolutely worthless in helping me locate a replacement. I have a part number (22817) but they insist that Sears didn't actually manufacture the snow thrower and so can't provide a replacement part or tell me where I might find it. The manual has "Sears" written all over it and the thrower says "Craftsman" all over it. Can anyone provide any advice as to where I might be able to locate a replacement chain?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
teleman

Re: Sears Craftsman snow thrower auger chain
Reply #1   Mar 4, 2007 8:38 pm
it's on their website. from the main page, go down to the cog/gear shaped icon that says parts and click that. then enter your numbers. it shows pictures, etc and the ones of your unit are quite clear. unfortunately, mine is very old and the diagram is not readable. i think you'll find what you need at the site. if not, call their 800 number and stay navigate through the automated part until you get a live operator. they'll take you through it. very helpful. good luck. here's the link i used http://www3.sears.com/
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42