Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How do I get tubeless tire back on the rim????????

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
winobie

How do I get tubeless tire back on the rim????????
Original Message   Dec 26, 2006 5:48 pm
I think this has been addressed in an earlier post, but the resolution wasn't. My tubeless tires on my snow thrower went flat. I can't for the life is me figure out how to get the tires back on the rims. Any suggestions. Please be specific as I am not good with this stuff yet, but if I keep buying Craftsman, I will soon (based on the problems I have had with this snow thrower and it's not even 2 years old). Thanks
Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mattr

Re: How do I get tubeless tire back on the rim????????
Reply #3   Dec 30, 2006 3:54 pm
I just ran in to the same issue, nothing like going out for the first storm, and having to deal with this problem. I ended up using a come-a-long to ratch the cold stiff tires. pretty near impossible with rope or a belt in the cold, maybe in the a warm garage it would work.
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #4   Dec 31, 2006 9:30 am
I have used one of those nylon cargo straps with ratchet tightener.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
mattr

Reply #5   Jan 4, 2007 4:59 pm
Had a battle going on with this, and I just solved it. I took the tire off and brought it to a local tire shop, and they added sealant to the rim edge and replaced the stem. All good now. Now we just need snow!
Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42