Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 15cm of snow and she does not go

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
toroman

15cm of snow and she does not go
Original Message   Dec 26, 2006 2:23 pm
Hi all
My 8hp 26 inch cut snowblower goes not want to start.
3 weeeks ago I started her up after the summer hibernation with 2 pulls. Today she does not turn . I have all kinds of gas , but she does not want to start. She sputtered a couple of times (Like she was gonna start but... no go). I've chanhed her pug 2 seasons ago , gas is fresh and is going to the carb , so much now that it dripped.

Thanks for any imput, she is a beaut, 26 years young

Merry Christmas

Jimmy G from Montreal
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Jake

Re: 15cm of snow and she does not go
Reply #1   Dec 28, 2006 4:32 pm
I've been waiting for someone else to answer this post but, no one has as yet. If it were my machine I'd check the following.

1) change the fuel in the gas tank and the fuel bowl.

2) replace the spark plug

3) if gas is leaking from the carb. it could be because the float in the fuel bowl is not sealing completely. If so, you might want to check the crankcase oil to be sure no fuel has flooded into it. If fuel is present, change the oil, be sure to fix the float problem before doing this.

4) perform a compression check on the cylinder (possible leaky head gasket.

Jake...

This message was modified Dec 28, 2006 by Jake

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42