Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > TORO 624 SNOWBLOWER ENGINE REPLACEMENT

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stevei54

TORO 624 SNOWBLOWER ENGINE REPLACEMENT
Original Message   Dec 10, 2006 8:08 pm
I wondered how dificult it would be to replace an engine on a Toro 624 Snowblower....I found one that has a blown engine (think it is a 6HP Tecumsh) and I have an MTD that has a good 8HP Tecumsh engine (but problems with other components)  and was  wondering how hard it would be to swap the 6hp out and put the 8hp on?

thanks,
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
stevei54

Re: TORO 624 SNOWBLOWER ENGINE REPLACEMENT
Reply #2   Dec 14, 2006 3:32 pm
Can you expand on why it wouldn't be suggested......looked like  they probably both have the same 4 bolt layout hooking to the frame......and I had heard the pulley layouts were similiar?
70chevrolet

Reply #3   Dec 14, 2006 7:57 pm
are you kidding? there is no reason not to do it. It will probably  be an exact replacement. as long as the shaft size is the same, you can use the same pulley. you may have to mess around with the belt size a bit to get it right, but you might not have to...I see no good reason at all not to take 2 useless machines and make one good machine.

mech12

Reply #4   Dec 22, 2006 2:53 pm
  the only real headache would be any type of wiring changes.  also the height of the crankshaft from mounting plate to crank.  thats where the problems usually arise.  good luck 
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42