Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Model 710M information

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
craigvalk

Ariens Model 710M information
Original Message   Dec 9, 2006 2:59 pm
Hi All, I inherited an older model Ariens 710M snowthrower. At least I think that is the model. There are two ID plates on the machine, one on the side of the thrower assembly, reads 7-10M 141871, which I think is the model / serial.

There is another ID plate on the frame below the engine that reads 10M6D 055844.

I am trying to determine the age of this machine... I am guessing early 70's.

It has a Tecumseh 6 HP motor on it.

Does anyone know?

I also need to track down an owners /  service manual for it from Ariens. Will be working on that.

Aside from the question on the year, I have some others:

What type engine oil?

What type of lube for the auger / gearbox? I see the zerk fittings, there also appears to be a drain  /fill on the impeller area.

What tire pressure? ( Newer tires, no PSI rating on them).

And can I get tire chains for it?

Thanks much for any help you can provide.

Craig

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
mech12

Re: Ariens Model 710M information
Reply #1   Dec 12, 2006 3:53 pm
   the unit in question is  model  10m6d.  its a 1968.  the other number is for the blower assembly.   these units back then  had the option of different front ends.  you could get a brush cutter,  mower, tiller etc.   unit takes  5w-30 engine oil.  try ariens.com  they usually have a parts lookup there.  its called parts radar.  the grease fitting just regular grease from a gun.  as far as the gear box,  its should be cast iron which will be mp-90.  we use bentonite grease here at the shop.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42