Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 1970 Ariens 6HP snow blower cuts off when plowing thru snow. Why?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
shep28

1970 Ariens 6HP snow blower cuts off when plowing thru snow. Why?
Original Message   Dec 7, 2006 8:43 pm
I bought a used ariens snow blower that looks like this-

The blower bogs down and cuts off when it plows thru moderate snow. What could be the problem?  My 4hp blower can handle the same snow with no problem. I am mechanically inclined and am capable of working on engines. What do I need to do to diagnose and correct this issue?

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Jake

Re: 1970 Ariens 6HP snow blower cuts off when plowing thru snow. Why?
Reply #1   Dec 7, 2006 9:31 pm
Sounds like the carburetor is not adjusted properly. It also could be a problem with the govenor. First thing I would try is adjusting the carb. Start the engine and let it warm up. Set the throttle to full speed. Turn the screw located on the bottom of the fuel bowl clockwise or counter clockwise until it starts to faulter slightly. Turn the screw in the opposite direction until it faulters again. Set the screw close to the middle of these. You should be close to the correct setting. If it still bogs a little in heavy snow try turning that same screw counter clockwise about 1/8 th turn to add a little more fuel under load. Hope this helps.  Be sure you're using fresh fuel.....

Jake...

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42