Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Old Craftsman snow blower 8hp

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
syiwam

Old Craftsman snow blower 8hp
Original Message   Dec 7, 2006 11:40 am
Hi !  I have purchase an Old Craftsman snow blower 8HP.  On my snow blower, I have a Shutter with option off / choke / on.  I have also the power fuel from slow to fast.  Someone can tell me how to use my snow blower.  I have never use this before. 

When I want to start this, I put the Shutter to choke and pull  the starter.  When the motor run, if I try to put the Shutter from "choke" to "On", the motor want stopping.

Is someone have a old Craftsman snowblower manual ?

Thank You !

SyIwam

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
RickJ

Re: Old Craftsman snow blower 8hp
Reply #1   Dec 7, 2006 3:04 pm
Sounds similar to my old snowblower.  Put the throttle control on fast, set the switch to Choke, and start the engine.  Once the engine is running, let it warm up a little bit, and then slowly move the switch from Choke to On.  If you hear the engine start to die, go back towards Choke.  With my old snowblower, I usually always have it between On and Choke. 

1995 Simplicity Sno-Away 860 Snowblower, 2001 Craftsman POS lawnmower
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42