Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Moving sand at the beach

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
markthompson

Moving sand at the beach
Original Message   Dec 5, 2006 10:53 am
I recently purchased a house on the beach. the lot has no vegitation so a lot of sand blows around. It seems that everytime I go down I have to shovel the walk and the deck to remove 6" to a foot of sand.

Will a snowblower do the job for me? What is the best way to move sand? I have looked all over and cannot find a product that is particularly suited to this purpose.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
newjerseybt

You want it done right?...You better learn how to do it yourself!

Ariens 1128DLE
Ariens 8526LE
Honda HRC216
Bosch 3221L
Craftsman DYT4000
Stihl FS90R

Re: Moving sand at the beach
Reply #1   Dec 5, 2006 11:08 am
I'll give you a few reasons I believe it isn't a good idea to use a snowthrower to move sand. The fluid dynamics are not the same as snow, you will sandblast the paint right off the housing, the grains will get into your engine and other bearings as snow engines have NO air filter. You will be chewing sand! lol

Normally a Arien's or Gravely Power Brush will clean a dirty sidewalk of light dirt and light snow but again, the type of engine is important.I would not even consider getting a power brush unless you speak with Ariens directly as you have a unique situation and a wrong decision can be very expensive. They are great for answering your questions.

With a foot of sand, maybe a plow on a garden tractor would be more suitable.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42