Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Kenosha "Blizzard"

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
launboy

Kenosha "Blizzard"
Original Message   Dec 1, 2006 11:55 am
I just ogt in from blowing my and my neighbors sidewalk and driveway. Still COLD!!!!   I had to use the little Toro CCR1000 E.  It started right up, after putting some fresh gas, with stabil in it yesterday night.  The Toro Was "a little" underpowered for what we got here.  10 inches of Thick, heavy, wet packed snow!!!   Great for building a Snowman, horrible for snowblowing.  Surprisingly the little Toro only clogged up a few times, and it was just where the barrel meets the chute, which was easily unclogged by turning the chute.The first pass took forever, and a lot of back and forth, back and forth motion, and the occasional tipping up when the little pile in front of it got to big, but once I got the first pass done, the rest was easy.  As long as I took it in 1/4 passes it moved the snow (about 3 feet), even after a greased chute and auger housing.  But the guy across the streat and the guy down the block, both had the smaller ariens 2 stages were only throwing about 6 feet so I knew I wasn't doing bad.

So, Anywho, I  was hoping to test out the Snapper 422 on a storm like this, but alas, I'm still waiting for a carb rebuild kit to come in to the snowthrower shop.  Going to call today (hopefully they will have it), and then maybe Ill get to use it afterall!!

This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42