Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Sears Craftsman 5 hp snowblower starting problems

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Robb

Sears Craftsman 5 hp snowblower starting problems
Original Message   Nov 16, 2006 8:50 pm
I have an older Sears Craftsman 5 hp snowblower and I can't get it started.

Can anyone provide me with the instrucitons on how to start it?

I had it serviced a year ago this past fall . We started it and shut if off a few times and each time it started nicely no sputtering etc.

Last winter I didn't use it, the snow we got was manageable, it has been a year since it last ran.

I put in gas booster just a few weeks ago , for the litlle gas that was in the tank of the blower.

I have tried with the choke on and off with no luck instarting it.

I would appreciate any ideas or instructons?

Thanks

Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Robb

Re: Sears Craftsman 5 hp snowblower starting problems
Reply #4   Nov 27, 2006 9:43 pm
I do have the key.

Smelled gas when I primed it, for one I found the set screw aattached to the small tank (Draining the old gas) directly below the carb to be loose, I actually had gas drimpping out of it when I primed the machine.

What positoin does the shoke hae to be in when I try to start the machine.

PS I lost the small rubber o-ring and small metal wahser but got replacements. Once I install the small o-ring and flat washer I can then tighten up the bottom screw and put in the new gas should be ready to try starting the machine once again.

Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42