Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Old Ariens 924

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
j6994

Old Ariens 924
Original Message   Nov 27, 2006 7:31 pm
Every search on Ariens snowblowers brings me back to this site so here goes.
I know the reputation and the durability so when I saw one out for the trash I had to grab it.*
(A few years back a co-worker did the same thing, threw some parts into it and offered to sell it to me for $500.)
Ariens model #924028 with 7hp Tecumseh engine.
Still runs. Just ugly with two flat tires.
Any good source for info and maybe parts?

*I grew up in Mass. Blizzard of '78, the April Fool's Storm(30") and everything in between.
 My father used the same Ariens machine from 1973 until 2005 before upgrading.
 He has a brand new Ariens and he STILL won't give me the old one.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Jake

Re: Old Ariens 924
Reply #1   Dec 1, 2006 8:17 am
The thing about Ariens snowthrowers is....they run forever and parts are readily available from any dealer. You can even find used parts from other machines. New parts are a little pricey but, availabale. Easy machines to repair. I just repaired one like the one you're talking about. The guy has ownwd it since new. It needed a lot of work. I returned it to him the other day. Operates just like new...didn't cost him like a new one!

Jake...

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42