Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 11528LE remote axle lock

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
maxsss

Ariens 11528LE remote axle lock
Original Message   Nov 27, 2006 1:38 pm
Hi everyone,

I just bought a Ariens 11528LE. The differential appears to be locked all the time untill I pull the trigger of the remote axle lock to unlock it and make easy to turn. I tought it was supposed to be the opposite (the differential is unlock untill you pull the trigger to dig into heavy / wet snow). Can an owner of a similar unit tell me how it's supposed to be before I decide to look at it or ask to the dealer.

Thanks,

Maxsss

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: Ariens 11528LE remote axle lock
Reply #1   Nov 27, 2006 3:47 pm
I have the same model but doesn't have that feature as it's an earlier one. What does your manual say? The following can be found on the Ariens web site under FAQs for the Deluxe series:

What does the Remote Locking Axle on the Deluxe Sno-Thros® do?

The Remote Locking Axle (used on all 2006 Deluxe models 11.5hp and larger) has two modes of operation:

1. The first mode of operation utilizes one-wheel drive (the right wheel) for ease of turning and maneuverability. This mode of operation is intended for light to medium snow conditions or where moderate traction is available. This mode also enhances maneuverability for easy transport and storage.

2. The second mode of operation is locked two-wheel drive in which both wheels are locked synchronously to the axle. This mode provides maximum traction and is intended for heavy snow conditions in which traction is minimal (end of driveway, large drifts, etc.). The unit can be locked in either mode by using the left handlebar-mounted trigger. Engage and release once for one wheel drive; engage and release once more for two wheel drive (locked axle).

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
nibbler

Reply #2   Nov 28, 2006 12:44 pm
The trigger is supposed to work like a latch. One pull and the two wheels are locked to the axle. Pull again and one of the wheels is released. If its not doing that then then mechanism is either out of adjutment or broken.
Snowmann

Reply #3   Nov 28, 2006 9:39 pm
If the unit is not "clicking" into each mode with each trigger pull, the cable setting for the trigger (the barrel adjustment where the trigger cable goes into the frame) may not be tight enough. You'll need to put the unit into the service position (up on the front of the housing) and drop the bottom pan to adjust this (6 screws).

When the bottom pan is dropped, adjust the cable barrel until all of the slack is taken out of the cable. Note it is also important that after your adjustment there is no pretension in the cable either. If your mechanism is maladjusted, this should take care of it.

PK
maxsss

Reply #4   Dec 1, 2006 3:53 pm
Thanks to all of you,

my blower was OK; it works as you explained and as it is in the english version of the user guide but since I'm a french speaker, I have read the french version of the user guide... and believe me, the translation isn't very good so it confused me.

The first snowstorm of the winter is just beginning in Quebec city; I can't wait anymore to try this toy and blow away the 8 inches that are announced.

Thanks again,

Maxsss

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42