Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Maintenance concerns for 2001 Ariens 824

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TAXFREE

Maintenance concerns for 2001 Ariens 824
Original Message   Nov 20, 2006 4:40 pm
This is my first post; great reading so far...:)

I have used the 824 only 2 years since 2001 and have not changed any fluids...I no longer have the manual.
It's been stored in an unheated suburban garage since new; should I call a local dealer or just buy parts and do it myself..(my preference)

Any web links to a manual/service manual?

Thanks In Adavnce
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Boston_Rob

Re: Maintenance concerns for 2001 Ariens 824
Reply #1   Nov 20, 2006 11:40 pm
Change the oil and check the belt tension for starters.  The shear pins should be removed and you should grease the machine per the manual.  You can get manuals directly from Ariens.  Your model may be available in a download.  http://www.ariens.com/customer_service/order_owners_manuals/
AKAmajorxlr8n

Reply #2   Nov 21, 2006 9:35 am
Boston Rob gave excellent advise. ALso, remove each tire/rim & grease the axles. Lube the discharge chute body, crank mechanism & all pivot points associated with it. Remove the belly pan (at the bottom) & grease the friction wheel shaft (hex shaped?), chain if equipped, and put a drop of oil on the gear selector pivot points. A manual will show all this - obtain one for EXACT lube points & type of lube to use on each...

Marty

TAXFREE

Reply #3   Nov 21, 2006 3:43 pm
Awesome, Thanks for the advice..
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42