Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Why would a soaked & cleaned carb not work? VS rebuilding one

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
loudsubz

Why would a soaked & cleaned carb not work? VS rebuilding one
Original Message   Nov 19, 2006 7:46 pm
Well I took my blower to a shop today, and the guy pretty much said without even seeing the machine, just by my description, than the carb would need rebuilding.

I have soaked and cleaned the carb, so Im wondering what a rebuilt carb would benefit and why it would likely fix it, vs just cleaning and soaking which I have done already.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
AKAmajorxlr8n

Re: Why would a soaked & cleaned carb not work? VS rebuilding one
Reply #1   Nov 20, 2006 10:31 am
The benefit would that any old, replacable parts would be swapped with new (gaskets, float, needle/seat, welch plugs). If the shop is familiar with Honda carbs, you also have their experience to tend to any problem areas...

Marty

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42