Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity Snow Thrower and Auger Belt

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tmac

Simplicity Snow Thrower and Auger Belt
Original Message   Nov 18, 2006 8:06 am
I have a new Simplicity snow thrower that has not yet been used. I was testing the engine and the auger yesteday and everything seemed fine. I ran the auger for about 2 minutes and released the auger handle. After I did this, there was loud grating sound coming from the machine that was alarming. It sounded as if something was seriously wrong with the engine. I then noticed that the auger was engaging on its own and that was what was causing the grating sound.

The dealer told me that the noise and the engagement of the auger was caused by the new belts not yet being seated properly, that this was common, and that the belts would seat properly after the first use of the snow thrower.  Has anyone else had this happen and is the explaination correct?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

tmac

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42