Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 5.5HP SNOW THROWER WITH TECUMSEH ENGINE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
narendra10

5.5HP SNOW THROWER WITH TECUMSEH ENGINE
Original Message   Nov 14, 2006 8:53 am
Does anyone has experience with 5.5HP Snow Thrower with Tecumseh Engine ? I like to hear about it.

Also when I see the Tecumseh web site for Snow King Engines, they have: 1. Premium Line Engines and 2. Standard Line Engines. The Premium Line shows 5.5HP engine and Standard Line shows 5.0HP engine (No 5.5HP engine). When I looked at the setup of Sears Craftman 5.5HP, 2 stage, 4 cycle electric start snow thrower engine it looks like standard 5.0 HP look and not Premium 5.5HP look. I am confused about if they are marking wrong on snow thrower and/or advertise wrong ?

Does anyone has any knowledge about these?

P.S.: Please note that an any time I am not offending to anyone or nor I have even in my mind to disrespect anyone at all. Sometime if I write in capital letter to indicate the special attention to it with respect to the subject.

Thank you all for advise.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Snowmann

Re: 5.5HP SNOW THROWER WITH TECUMSEH ENGINE
Reply #1   Nov 14, 2006 5:36 pm
On the Tecumseh website they visually indicate the Premium Line are trimmed-out OHV's.  Note these are "catalog" engines. OEM's have availability of options in excess of catalog engines; more hp options and configurations.

The 5.5hp engine you are referring to would be a non-catalog "Standard" line. Some "Standard" line engines are L-heads, some are basic trim OHV's. The 5.5hp version you are referring to is an L-head. This engine is slightly different than the 5hp pictured as its improved compression release allows for superior valve operation, eaking out slightly more power (and fewer emissions).

PK

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42