Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need help on Tecumseh carb parts

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bgris44

Need help on Tecumseh carb parts
Original Message   Nov 11, 2006 4:19 pm
I have an old Ariens snowblower, and need a new bowl nut for the carb. Problem is, I have no idea what the original parts number is to find the replacement, and don't see it on the parts themselves. The engine is Tecumseh, HS50, and I see that the site linked below has about 4 different adjustment screw assembly kits. Any idea which one I need? Thanks.

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/carb_parts_t.cfm
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
buttlint

Re: Need help on Tecumseh carb parts
Reply #1   Nov 11, 2006 8:03 pm
Post the rest of your engine numbers (HS50-????) and someone can look it up for you.
Or....take those numbers too your local Tecumseh dealer and they should have it.
AKAmajorxlr8n

Reply #2   Nov 12, 2006 12:25 am
At least he spelled Tecumseh correctly...

Marty FORMERLY MAJORXLR8N

launboy

Reply #3   Nov 20, 2006 4:51 pm
So, did you find the rest of the numbers, because the engine on my snapper is a tecumseh hs40, and i cannot find the rest of the numbers anywhere.  I got the HS40 off of the starter.  It ahd 4 different numbers like that and i did a search and found out that the h- means horizontal shaft, and that the 40 is horse power-4.0.  I dont know what the S means. maybe electric start?  Sorry if I've sort of hijacked this post with my own problems.

Adam

buttlint

Reply #4   Nov 20, 2006 5:32 pm
Adam.
The HS stands for Horizontal Small frame.
Try removing your starter switch and see if your engine numbers are underneath it. If they are...you may need too remove some rust with some scotchbrite or emery cloth too see them.

AKAmajorxlr8n

Reply #5   Nov 21, 2006 9:41 am
If the engine is an older one (pre 1987/8), then follow 'Lint's advise - he knows his stuff. If its older, there could be a metal tag rivited to the side of the pull start housing. If its newer than 1988, I think there should be a decal on the side of the pull starter housing with the numbers on it...

'Lint - could you double check the years I mentioned? I think I'm close with them...

Marty

mech12

Reply #6   Nov 21, 2006 5:04 pm
      check the bowl nut itself,   there will be a number stamped on it   usually 3 digits.   post results  here.   i took the time to croos tecumseh part numbers to the bowl nut numbers
dcjredline

Reply #7   Dec 31, 2007 6:05 pm
Hi I have a broken bowl nut #113. Anyone have the part # for me please?
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42