Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro S-200 Snow Blower gas/oil ratio?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
hockeytown

Toro S-200 Snow Blower gas/oil ratio?
Original Message   Nov 3, 2006 11:25 am
I just bought a used Toro s-200 from and garage sale and I was wondering if anyone knew the correct gas to oil ratio.

The person that I purchased it from said they think it was 35:1  Please send me a email if you know

Thanks

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Re: Toro S-200 Snow Blower gas/oil ratio?
Reply #1   Nov 3, 2006 5:26 pm
The mix is 32:1.  You can type the model number and serial number in the Toro website and get the owner's manual.  Had one up until this year and it worked good.

bbwb

lmachask

Reply #2   Feb 19, 2007 6:28 pm
It's supposed to be 4oz of oil for every gallon of gasoline, but I would be careful with that. I've been running that mixture in mine, and all it does is blow smoke and muck up the sparkplug. Now it won't start at all. Similar problem as yours -- it started once yesterday in the beginning with no problem -- I had to turn it off about 10 minutes later and it never restarted again. My fear is that the oil has either clogged something up or has flooded out some other part. There was a lot of oil and gas on the garage floor when I left it there overnight. Usually a new sparkplug and some starting fluid does the trick, but not this time..
mech12

Reply #3   Feb 20, 2007 9:35 am
  no no  with those units,  im trying to be nice,  they suck.    run them at 50:1  once you get it running slowly tip unit back toward yourself.  unit will bog down and smoke.  this is all the residue from mix of 32:1 that didnt get burned sitting in bottom of unit.  we run all our units at 100:1.  we run the opti-2 mix.  on pouch runs everything fron 24:1  -  100:1.  you will see less smoke more rpms.
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #4   Feb 22, 2007 10:58 am
mech12 wrote:
  no no  with those units,  im trying to be nice,  they suck.    run them at 50:1  once you get it running slowly tip unit back toward yourself.  unit will bog down and smoke.  this is all the residue from mix of 32:1 that didnt get burned sitting in bottom of unit.  we run all our units at 100:1.  we run the opti-2 mix.  on pouch runs everything fron 24:1  -  100:1.  you will see less smoke more rpms.
mech12
Would you say the same thing for a single stage craftsman 3-4 hp which I use with 50:1??

mech12

Reply #5   Feb 22, 2007 12:05 pm
yes   since we started to carry opti-2, opti-4  we have been using the opti-2  2cycle fuel mix in all the equipment that comes thru the shop.   this stuff chemnically rebuilds the cylinder walls, which increases compression which increases the rpms.  little to no smoke.  we run it in snowblowers, chainsaws, trimmers, ice augers, 
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #6   Feb 22, 2007 4:20 pm
mech12 wrote:
yes   since we started to carry opti-2, opti-4  we have been using the opti-2  2cycle fuel mix in all the equipment that comes thru the shop.   this stuff chemnically rebuilds the cylinder walls, which increases compression which increases the rpms.  little to no smoke.  we run it in snowblowers, chainsaws, trimmers, ice augers, 

Now I can throw away all my small specail mixtures (32:1,40:1,50:1) and just make one batch of 100:1 with the opti-2 and I'll be good all over.Thanx MECH12

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42