Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help me choose between these two Ariens snow blower!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ecarrot

Help me choose between these two Ariens snow blower!
Original Message   Oct 31, 2006 3:42 pm
My local dealer has the Ariens 7524E (7.5hp Briggs OHV Powerbuilt engine) and the 724E (7hp Tecumseh OHV Snow King engine) selling at the same price.  I read from this forum that most people are in favour of the Tecumseh engine.  The 7524E is last year's model and the 724E is this year's model.  Which one would you choose and why?
Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ecarrot

Re: Help me choose between these two Ariens snow blower!
Reply #6   Nov 3, 2006 10:40 am
Thank you for all the help.  I tried to ask for a discount on last year's 7524E, but the dealer won't budge, they said it's priced fairly.  In the end, I bought a 8524E with the B&S Powerbuilt engine.  I figure for a little more money I get a current year model, 1 more hp, and the largest machine with the most powerful engine that will fit in my garage.  I hope this will last a long time.
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #7   Nov 5, 2006 11:35 am
Good choice! I bought that same model last year and had a full winter with it and just cant find anything bad to say.I never used the electric start because it starts on the second pull without much struggle. Best of luck

nibbler

Reply #8   Nov 6, 2006 9:39 am
I put a OHV B&S Snow Intek engine onto an older blower that I had blown the Tecumseh L Head engine on. There was a noticeable improvement in power. I suspect it was a combination of several factors but it is my understanding that the B&S OHV has slightly more torque than the equivalent Tecumseh. It could also be a matter of the difference between OHV and "L" head.

Overall I think you will be very pleased with your purchase.

The only thing that bugs me is that changing the spark plug is a pain.
Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42