Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > X-Trac Tires and Chains

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tmac

X-Trac Tires and Chains
Original Message   Nov 2, 2006 7:23 am
I have purchased a Simplicity snow thrower with X-Trac tires. My driveway is long and has a steep slope, so I think I will require chains. Can anyone suggest a type of chain that can be used with deep lug tires? The depth of the lugs is 1/2 inch and the chain links will have to be large enough to overcome this. Thanks in advance for your help.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
bankron

Re: X-Trac Tires and Chains
Reply #1   Nov 2, 2006 3:37 pm
I recently purchased a new Craftsman snowblower with the same tires (brand and tread). I have a sloping driveway and went to the local Sears to buy chains for the snowblower. I saw no chains on display so I asked where they were, explaining my recent purchase. I was informed the new tire compounds and tread do not require chains and, in fact, Sears no longer sells chains for snowblower tires since they are not required.
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: X-Trac Tires and Chains
Reply #2   Nov 3, 2006 1:51 am
Forget the chains!!

I bought the Ariens 8524 last year and used it all winter on a very steep driveway.It also has the X-TRAc tires and it never slipped no matter what speed I was moving at or how much snow there was.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42