Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Cub Cadet Snowthrowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cleblanc

Cub Cadet Snowthrowers
Original Message   Oct 3, 2006 8:56 am
Anyone have any opinions on the Cub Cadet snowthowers?  Particularly the 528 SWE model.  My husband and I are in the market for a new one and he likes this one.  It appears similar to the Craftsman 88790 but it has bigger tires and a 10HP engine.

I know everyone on the forum here prefers Ariens and Toro and we have looked at all these models but he likes the size of the Cub Cadet the best.  He didn't want anything too big or too heavy.   

Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
BillvB

Re: Cub Cadet Snowthrowers
Reply #6   Oct 29, 2006 7:41 pm
Cub Cadet has always been known for quality, I hear that MTD is going to keep it that way now that they bought Cub. I suggest you check out the 526WE model. It has an 8.5hp enigne, otherwise pretty much the same as the 526SWE. For $799.99 MSRP, I think this is the best buy in the new two stage snow blower martket right now. If my wife would agree, I would but one tomorrow.
AKAmajorxlr8n

Reply #7   Nov 3, 2006 1:21 am
BillvB wrote:
Cub Cadet has always been known for quality, I hear that MTD is going to keep it that way now that they bought Cub.

Cub Cadet has always been known for quality. Yeah, BEFORE MTD bought the name a few years back!

You've GOT TO BE KIDDING ME... Cubs are now MTD clones. They use the SAME THIN sheet metal, cheap hardware, plastic bushings etc. Looks like MTD is doing JUST THE OPPOSITE of what you said...

Marty FORMERLY MAJORXLR8N

mcase

Reply #8   Jul 2, 2007 3:10 am
This message was modified Jul 2, 2007 by mcase
joshmech90

everything needs more power and nothing is powerful enough

Reply #9   Jul 5, 2007 10:30 pm
cub cadets better be good for what they are charging for them. i live in washington in an area that gets hardly any snow so a snow thrower is hard to come by here. this is proably why i have not seen one. we have a MTD rider though and it has started to fall apart. its not that old either but the cub cadets are much better.

down with flatheads so we can finally get out of last century and welcome in the new age of OHV/OHC motors who are supirior in al ways!
Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42