Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Yamaha YS624 snowblower light

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
swoodside

Yamaha YS624 snowblower light
Original Message   Jan 26, 2006 1:46 pm
The light on my Yamaha snowblower stopped working & I'm not sure how it should be tested. When I hook up a voltmeter there appears to be NO voltage; is the correct way to test that @ the 2 wires that connect to the light? (I would think so) Do I need to follow the wires & then check the lighting coil (however that's done!)?          Thanks for any info someone may have, Steve
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Foddy

Re: Yamaha YS624 snowblower light
Reply #7   Oct 22, 2006 10:50 am

I just went to proncess auto and bought a  12V halegon spot lamp, for $22. I opened the box and realized ther is only one wire comming from it. I don't have an alternator, or even a battrery, its farly old but it works fine. the light provides alot of light, but i need to know how to hook the wire up to. is there a way to hook it up to the magneto? If so weer, do i have to split the spark plug? If you have any advice or can explain it to me, please email me at AAAKings@hotmail.com.. thnax alot

AKAmajorxlr8n

Re: Yamaha YS624 snowblower light
Reply #8   Nov 3, 2006 2:00 am
Foddy wrote:

I just went to proncess auto and bought a  12V halegon spot lamp, for $22. I opened the box and realized ther is only one wire comming from it. I don't have an alternator, or even a battrery, its farly old but it works fine. the light provides alot of light, but i need to know how to hook the wire up to. is there a way to hook it up to the magneto? If so weer, do i have to split the spark plug? If you have any advice or can explain it to me, please email me at AAAKings@hotmail.com.. thnax alot

How do you know it provides a lot of light when you don't even know how to hook it up?!?  

Seriously, if you think you can connect it to the spark plug wire, I say STOP RIGHT THERE & PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT BEFORE YOU RUIN THE COIL OR HURT YOURSELF!!!

Marty FORMERLY MAJORXLR8N

Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42