Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > B&S Powerbuilt Snow OHV 9.5

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
T_man

B&S Powerbuilt Snow OHV 9.5
Original Message   Oct 9, 2006 1:18 pm
Hello All,

It's about that time when we all think about getting a snow blower....am I right??!!

I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is any difference between these two engines? ( Subject  Line )

I just bought an Ariens 926LE Model# 926007 with a B&S 9.5 Powerbuit Snow OHV for 900.00 bucks. ( Did I do well on the price...or did I get what I paid for???)  

I Live in NewEngland and we get hit pretty hard from time to time with some heavy wet snow, I say we get about, on avg, a 100 inches of snow per winter.

I have a long driveway and sidewalk, will this model & engine do the job for years to come?? Does anyone know about my engine?

I know Ariens has a great product, but I'm not quite sure about the engine?

Any coments?

Thanks,

Charlie from NE....

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Jake

Re: B&S Powerbuilt Snow OHV 9.5
Reply #1   Oct 9, 2006 8:19 pm
I live in New England also. I work on lots of engines. IMO, all the engines are good. The 'key' is maintaining them properly. Keep the oil level up and changed at least once a year and you should have little or no problems. I have no real preference on the brand of engine. Ariens makes a good product. Best thing is, you can get parts for them even if they're 30 years old. As far as the [rice you paid...if it makes you happy, I'd let it go at that. Next week you could look in the paper and find a better price.

Jake...

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
cleblanc

Reply #2   Oct 10, 2006 6:45 pm
I am so confused about the Ariens snowthrower models.  I see that both the 926001 and 926007 are considered the 926LE model.  It looks to me like one has a 9.25 L-Head engine and the other is a 9.5 OHV engine.  Are there any other differences?  Which is newer?  The Ariens website shows the 926001 as the current model.  Is this right?  I am in CT and looking for a new snowthrower in the $1000 price range and this is one model I'm considering.  We have about a 50 foot driveway but it's steep so I want to make the best choice. 
Jake

Reply #3   Oct 10, 2006 9:03 pm
I believe the major difference between the two models may just be the engine type. The 'L' head engine has been around forever and has proven itself for countless years in all types of machines. The over head valve engine has also been around for a long time and is also a proven performer. It really comes down to what you're willing to spend. Both engines will work equally well. As far a the best choice for your driveway, it comes down to how large a snowthrower you are willing to spring for. If you have any inclines in the driveway I'd get tire chains also. Hope this helped.

Jake...

That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it..
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #4   Oct 11, 2006 12:24 am
I bought the Areins 8524 last year and it has plenty of guts.My drive is 20 X 65 all paved with a hefty incline from top to bottom.Didn't see the need for chains even with the 14 inch snow fall we had last year.EOD also was never a problem.It basicly boils down to what your ready to spend,and the amount of bells and whistles you think you want.Keep in mind the bigger you buy the more room it takes up which you may not be able to afford if lets say you keep it handy in your garage where you park the cars.

T_man

Reply #5   Oct 11, 2006 8:25 am
Cleblanc,
Here is a web site (http://www.bostonlawnmower.com/snow.htm) you'll have to cut and paste. It's shows you
the current prices on Ariens Snow-blowers up here in the N.East. I bought a last years model this year, the 926007
9.5 B&S Power-built Snow 9.5. As you can see the 926007's are a closeout model, I think the 926007's are 05's models? No big deal to me weather it's an 05,06, 07,
I got a great product with a 3 year warranty!

Good Luck
Charlie from N.E.
cleblanc

Reply #6   Oct 11, 2006 11:51 am
T_man wrote:
Cleblanc,
Here is a web site (http://www.bostonlawnmower.com/snow.htm) you'll have to cut and paste. It's shows you
the current prices on Ariens Snow-blowers up here in the N.East. I bought a last years model this year, the 926007
9.5 B&S Power-built Snow 9.5. As you can see the 926007's are a closeout model, I think the 926007's are 05's models? No big deal to me weather it's an 05,06, 07,
I got a great product with a 3 year warranty!

Good Luck
Charlie from N.E.

Thanks for the advice.  I've seen that website but the 926007 shows as $999.  That is the current price at HD for the 926001.  Plus you can get 10% off.

Also, the local dealers have the 926001 for the same price.  We still haven't decided on a model yet.  I like the Ariens and the Toros but my husband is leaning toward the Cub Cadet 528 SWE.  He basically wants something with a lot of features (no crank chute) but that doesn't take up a lot of room in our garage.    

mattr

Reply #7   Dec 1, 2006 4:12 pm
Has anybody added a trottle control to this motor? I have a Craftsmen I bought last year and t does not have a control leveler, so when its on you know it.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42